3 TESLA MRI
What is 3T (Tesla) MRI?
For patients and physicians who want the highest quality of care and equipment Midtown Medical Imaging now offers the most powerful MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) test available on an outpatient basis: the extra-large (70 cm) open bore 3T MRI, the Siemens Skyra. With the strongest magnet field strength used clinically, the 3T MRI can be used for many applications, including neurology and functional neuro evaluation, orthopedic and cartilage assessment, breast, and vascular imaging.
Midtown Medical Imaging was the first outpatient imaging center in the region to offer this advanced diagnostic system. In the past, the 3T MRI’s capabilities were only possible at academic research centers, but are now available in an outpatient setting.
Clarity and better resolution than our competitors
3T MRI Imaging Benefits:
- With a three to four fold higher signal-to-noise ratio than 1.5T scanners, 3T MRI studies of the knees, shoulders, ankles, wrists, joints and spines are clearer, more detailed and take much less time than 1.5T studies.
- Superior neurological imaging shows anatomic details that have not been seen before, such as concussions, other cognitive impairment and magnitude of scarring showing extent of damage to multiple sclerosis patients.
- Improved MRI abdominal imaging studies including hepatic, renal cancer, cancer staging and female pelvis/gynecology imaging.
- Greatly enhanced MRI prostate imaging
- 3T imaging shows the effectiveness of rheumatoid arthritis medications in reducing inflammation and slowing joint damage.
Open Bore Magnet
Claustrophobia and Anxiety Reduced:
- Large 70 cm bore (almost 20% larger than most MRIs) greatly reduces claustrophobia in patients. Large enough to fit 3 to 4 average sized people inside of it.
- Shortest bore 3T system.
- Shorter scan times aid patients with pain, mobility, and respiratory issues
Expanding Care to a Wider Range of Patients:
- Can accommodate patients up to 550 lbs
- Pediatric patients without having to use sedation
- Elderly patients
Advanced Imaging Techniques
Diffusion Tensor Imaging And Fiber Tractography (as seen in the video) :
- Diffusion tensor imaging tractography, or DTI tractography, is an MRI technique that measures the rate of water diffusion between cells to understand and create a map of the brain’s white matter tracts/fibers. This advanced imaging technique, which provides much more detailed images of the brain than a conventional MRI, may also be used in the diagnosis of stroke, brain injuries, acute ischemia, brain tumors and multiple sclerosis as well as pre-operative planning.
Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI):
- fMRI measures the small changes in blood flow that occur with brain activity. It may be used to examine the brain’s functional anatomy, (determine which parts of the brain are handling critical functions), evaluate the effects of stroke or other disease, or to guide brain treatment. fMRI may detect abnormalities within the brain that cannot be found with other imaging techniques.